You Don’t Need to be Perfect to Begin Life Coach Training
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]A common misconception about coaching sometimes keeps a lot of potentially amazing coaches from taking the plunge and pursuing their dream to help others make lasting, positive change in their lives. Can you guess what it is?
It’s the idea that if you want to be a coach and help others, you’ve got to have your you-know-what together 100% of the time. We atare here to tell you that that’s a myth!
Contrary to popular belief, you, my friend, do not need to be a perfect human who has every area of your life together in order to be a. You are allowed to have flaws, to not have everything figured out, to be a work in progress with your own unique challenges.
At, we often tell our students that coaching isn’t about being a perfect role model…it’s about being on the path. It’s about growing, evolving, and striving to become a better version of yourself than you were yesterday.
Here’s something else to know: your future clients don’t actually want a perfect coach. They want a real person who has real struggles. They want someone who’s relatable, who can identify with them, who can understand their experiences, and can even share some of their own challenges. They want YOU and the guidance you can share…not some ideal version of you. Because trust, connection, and authenticity are what make for an amazing coaching experience.
There’s another awesome side bonus to enrolling in aprogram: while you’re training, you’ll also learn techniques to help you address and work through your own personal stumbling blocks and challenges.
Interested in learning about HCI’s Click here to speak with a Clarity Coach now.program?
Do You Have What It Takes to Start Life Coach Training?
Now that we’ve gotten the biggest deterrent for would-be coaches out of the way, let’s take a look at what you really need to begin training to become a. In actuality, has nothing to do with the state of your life and everything to do with your intuitive skills, passions, and desires. Here are 9 characteristics you should possess before beginning a :
- A passion for helping others. Because, at the heart of it all, coaching is about empowering others and giving them the tools to create the life they desire.
- An interest in personal growth. Life Coaches help their clients see a new vision for themselves and then step into that vision, so it’s a definite plus if you already enjoy exploring personal development topics.
- A desire to grow, learn, and be stretched to be your best self. At , we have a saying: first for you, then for others. What we mean by this is that transformation begins with you. Before you can help others as a coach, you’ve first got to understand how to create change in yourself. We also believe that coaches should always be students first, with an interest in constantly building on and up-leveling what they already know.
- Strong interpersonal skills. As a coach, communication and the ability to build rapport are extremely important. So, if you’re the go-to person in your circle others frequently come to for advice or you find even strangers open up to you naturally in conversation, that’s a good sign you’d make a great coach.
- Excellent listening and observation skills. Piggybacking off of #4, if you’re an attentive listener and a keen observer, check this box off too. Life Coaches use both skills extensively to identify what’s preventing their clients from achieving their goals and to offer insightful guidance to help them grow.
- Empathy and compassion for others. Great coaches care deeply about their clients and what they’re going through. They are sympathetic and deeply invested in their clients’ outcomes.
- Patience. Progress isn’t always linear. Your clients won’t always do what you advise or be receptive to your coaching (it’s just a fact of the business). Patience will help you navigate some of the more challenging client relationships you’ll inevitably encounter in your career.
- An inquisitive mind. A Life Coach’s true skill isn’t in providing all the answers for clients. Their true skill lies in asking probing questions that cause clients to really examine their motives, desires, and challenges and to uncover concealed truths and limiting beliefs that are holding them back from what they want.
- A heart-centered work ethic. A great brings an open heart to every client interaction, and leads with integrity, trustworthiness, and professionalism.
As you can see from the list above, nowhere does it say “Your life must be in perfect order to be a coach.” If you have the above 9 traits, you’ve already got what it takes to ace your!
The Facts of Life Coach Training
Looking for more cold, hard facts on training to become a Click here for lots more information about and here to learn more about how the industry is projected to evolve in the coming years. We also recommend checking out our post on accreditation and why it’s important if you haven’t already.?
Training to be ais about wanting to help others improve their lives while also learning how to improve your own in the process. It’s about making incremental progress…one day at a time. So choose to feel GREAT about where you are right now and know that your will put you on the path to becoming the best you there ever was!
Interested in learning more about how our 8-monthprogram can prepare you for a rewarding coaching career and take you on your own life-changing journey of personal transformation? Click below to connect with a Clarity Coach now.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
MORE TO EXPLORE
You Might Also Like
7 Ways Decluttering Can Transform Your Mental Well-being
Declutter your life and see your coaching and mental well-being take a great leap in positivity!Read More
15 Ways Coaches Cope with Stress in the Modern World
Coaches who know how to manage and handle their own stress are better equipped to help their clients with stress management.Read More
Everything You Want to Know before taking the NBHWC Certification Exam
Taking the NBHWC exam can be challenging and rough on the nerves. Here are some helpful tips to prepare for your upcoming exam!Read More
9 Health Coach-Approved Halloween Treats Your Clients Will Love
Holidays can be tricky when it comes to staying on top of health goals. We all want to enjoy ourselves—and we should!—but it can be easy to fall off track when there are sweet temptations lurking around every corner. Serve Your Clients Some Healthy Halloween Treats! With Halloween right around the corner, we want to […]Read More