Relevant Experience and Credentials:
- Graduate of Digestive Intensive program, Functional Nutrition Alliance, Oct. 2018
- Certified Transformational Coach (2017) and Certified Mastery Transformational Coach (2018), HMBA Grad program, Health Coach Institute
- Contracted Coach, Health Coach Institute: TCM Success Coach (December 2018-present), Employee Wellness Program (March 2017- Dec. 2018)
- National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach (2017), International Consortium for Health & Wellness Coaches
- Contracted Coach, Wellevations (June 2016-present), and Flourish (June 2016-present)
- Founder, Happy is Healthy Wellness Services (Janurary 2016-present)
- Certified Wellness Inventory Coach (2015), HealthWorld Online/WellPeople
- Certified Lifestyle Coach (2015), Dr. Ray Strand’s Healthy for Life, Health Concepts Intl
- Co-founding pastor, Vineyard Crossroads Church (1997-2015)
- Contractor, Community Youth Development grant (1997-2000), Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
- Various roles in nursing and education (1980-2014)
- Alternative Teaching Certification for Secondary Education, Health Occupations (1991), Corpus Christi University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing with high honors (1980), University of Texas at El Paso
Carlin has always sensed a calling to be part of healing the world and making it a better place. Throughout a varied nursing career, her underlying dissatisfaction with the prevailing disease model prompted an ongoing personal pursuit of holistic approaches to health and well-being. She and her husband have dedicated much of their time, energy, and resources to working with at-risk youth and the disenfranchised in a high-crime area of her Texas border hometown. Facing the heartbreak of diagnosed infertility, they chose not to accept what was “medically impossible” and today live in daily gratitude for their two young adult children.
Carlin coaches those in helping and healing professions who struggle with their own health, energy, and stress to create sustainable lifestyles of “healthcare through self-care” so they can feel better, live better, and age well. She provides 1:1 wellness coaching, group programs, workshops, and retreats. As well, she works as part of a professional team on extended healing retreats and for follow-up coaching of pastors and organizational leaders in burnout or crisis.