24 Workout Motivational Quotes Inspired By Health Coaches And Celebrities
We all know what we should be doing in order to live our healthiest lives. We know working out and being physically fit is good for us. It makes us stronger, relieves stress, and heals our body.
Eating well fuels our bodies. Taking care of our mental health means we sleep better and feel happier. But that doesn’t mean we always like doing the right things. We might not always look forward to going to the gym, or want to eat a salad instead of pizza. Even the healthiest people have days where they just don’t feel like it!
We know it can be difficult to stay motivated on the daily, at home, at work, and in general. That’s why we’ve gathered 24 of our favorite quotes from Health Coaches, athletes, and celebrities, that will help inspire you to get to the gym and maintain that healthy lifestyle!
Better yet, share these quotes and spread the motivation around. Send this post to someone you think could use an added pick-me-up!
Motivational Quotes for the Gym
If you have a love/hate relationship with working out, we recommend using these quotes as motivation to kick your you-know-what in gear!
- “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “What hurts today makes you stronger tomorrow.” — Jay Cutler
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” — Jim Ryun
- “Fitness is not about being better than someone else. It’s about being better than you used to be.” — Khloe Kardashian
- “I hate every minute of training. But I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” — Mohammad Ali
- “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.” — Fred Devito
- “You’re only one workout away from a good mood.” — Health Coach Maria Marlowe
- “You can have results or excuses, but not both.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Nothing will work unless you do.” — Maya Angelou
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” — Arthur Ashe
Motivational Quotes for Health
At the end of the day, our health is about much more than just working out. We should strive for a healthy, balanced diet, moving our bodies every day, and making self-care a priority. These quotes are designed to help you make your health a priority!
- “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” — Jim Rohn
- “A rested body is a healthy one.” — Health Coach, Jessica Sepel
- “To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” — Buddha
- “A healthy attitude is contagious but don’t wait to catch it from others.” Be a carrier.— Tom Stoppard
- “Learning to love is a process. It starts from a decision.” — Health Coach, Tara Wang
- “The greatest wealth is health.” — Virgil
- “When you focus on your health, you awaken your creativity. By creativity I don’t mean painting or drawing, I mean the ability to conceive your life exactly the way you most want it.” — Stacey Morgenstern, Founder at Health Coach Institute
- “The food you eat can either be the safest & most powerful form of medicine…or the slowest form of poison.” — Ann Wigmore
- “A fresh start isn’t a new place, it’s a new mindset.” — Erin Taylor, Health Coach
- “Self-care is about giving the world the best of you, not what’s left of you.” — Marissa Palmer, Health Coach
- “The hard days are what make you stronger.” — Aly Raisman
- “One thing that does seem to be clear is that health and happiness are connected, more so than we’re often aware.” — Bobby Duffy
- “In order to master aliveness—in life and in business—we must let go of the habit of being stopped.” — Carey Peters, Founder at Health Coach Institute
- “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” — Michael Jordan
5 Ways to Stay Motivated for Health
In addition to using powerful quotes for motivation, there are plenty of other strategies to help you start implementing healthy changes in your life!
- Get a partner. Join forces with a friend or colleague who also wants to make positive changes in their life. Workout together, become friends on My Fitness Pal, and be a great source of support!
- Invest. Sometimes a financial investment is a great motivator! Get some new workout gear, sign up for a weekly fitness class, or get that self-help book you’ve been eyeing.
- Track your progress. Whether you want to lose weight, start sleeping better, or deal better with your anxiety, whatever your health goals are, track how it’s going in a journal or an app so you can see how far you’ve come.
- Set goals. Before you begin, set some very specific goals. It’s not enough to just want to “be healthy.” You should determine how much weight you want to lose or how often you want to work out and then create a plan to help you reach those goals. And remember—no matter what your progress, make sure you celebrate your wins!
- Get a Health and/or Life Coach! We might be a little biased, but we believe Health Coaches and Life Coaches can be an amazing catalyst for change. They can help motivate you, provide accountability for your journey, and help you change your habits. Better yet, learn how to become a Health Coach yourself from our Health Coaching Online Course. Then you can motivate yourself as well as those around you!
Are you interested in learning more about staying motivated and keeping people you care about motivated as well? Our Become A Health Coach training program might be just what you need!
MORE TO EXPLORE
You Might Also Like
Everything You Want to Know before taking the NBHWC Certification Exam
Becoming a National Board-Certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC), also known as NBHWC Certification, should be part of your professional goals if you wish to stand out in the health and wellness coaching industry. It is a crucial first step to secure the right credentials and expand your career, especially in the healthcare industry. Having […]Read More
10 Must-Have Skills and Qualities to Become a Successful Health Coach
Successful health coaches are not simply defined by their achievements in the field but by the skills and qualities they embody. The appeal of becoming a health coach continues to rise given the relative increase in cases of patients with chronic diseases. Not to mention the rise in people who are paying close attention to […]Read More
5 Attributes Clients Look For In A Nutrition Coach
There is a clear interest in healthcare workers that concentrate on diet and wellness. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics noted a growth of 11% for occupations related to dietary management as a result of the rapid increase in chronic diseases that require nutrition regulation. This continuous trend influenced competition among nutritional coaches as their […]Read More
Profitable Health Coaching Business Roadmap: 7 Steps To Success
Becoming a health coach already holds plenty of benefits, not just in your career and financial progress, but most importantly in your holistic personal growth. Now, imagine these benefits multiplied when you build your very own health coaching business. However, as promising as this sounds, having your own health coaching business requires a hefty amount […]Read More