How to Fit Your Life Coach Training Into Your Life
So you’ve decided to pursue a
You’re excited. You can’t wait to start this next chapter of your life. Your eyes are alight with possibility. But wait. You’ve got a job, kids, tons of extracurricular obligations………fill in the blank.
How are you going to find the time to fit your training into your busy life? You barely manage your to-do list right now…how on earth will you squeeze in an education too?
That’s what we thought when we first decided to pursue coaching careers. Carey was an actress and Stacey had a family to take care of, and we didn’t see how we could possibly fit going back to school into our already busy lives.
If a similar dialogue is running through your head right now, we want to share 10 tips that will help you make time for (and ace!) your training so you can launch your Life Coaching career. Plus, we’ve included a free download to help you create your plan…scroll down to grab your copy!
10 Tips to Make Managing Your Life Coach Training a Breeze
- Consider an online training program. Online trainings are designed with maximum convenience and flexibility in mind, offering you the option to learn at your own pace from anywhere. Lessons are also typically available in multiple formats, including written, audio, and visual. Click here for more info on online training.
- Create a realistic plan. They say a vision without a plan is just a dream. So, the first important step is to map out a plan for your training and studies in consideration of all of your commitments. Review the course syllabus, note key dates, and plan out when you’ll fit your training and study time in. Doing so will set you up for your most successful training experience.
- Schedule for productivity. Make the most of the days you have by practicing time blocking. As the name infers, time blocking is the process of blocking out increments of time on your calendar for specific tasks. This is an excellent habit that helps busy people manage their time more effectively and maximize their productivity. So, take a look at where in your day it makes the most sense to block time for learning and then follow through. It can be helpful to set reminders on your phone so you hold your study time sacred. Though not feasible for everyone, you might also consider whether it’s possible to designate one full day a week to completing all of your training-related work.
- Wake up early. Many of the world’s most successful people swear by rising before sunrise. If you’re a morning person especially, we recommend capitalizing on your alertness in the early hours and devoting an hour or two to study time before your day officially kicks off.
- Create your ideal study environment. Your best work happens when your environment is comfortable and supportive. So think about how you learn best. Do you prefer to curl up in a comfy chair? Do you need the absolute quiet of a library? Do you thrive with the white noise background of a coffee shop? Figure out where you’ll be best set up for study success and then make sure you remove all items that could be distracting from your end goal. (We’re looking at you, iPhone!)
- Set boundaries. Let the people close to you know that you’re pursuing a new career and you won’t be as available as you’d normally be due to your training commitments. Impress upon them how important your training is to you and your future, and ask for their support in helping you make your education a priority.
- Multitask like a boss. If your days are seriously jam-packed with activities and you don’t have a clue how you can realistically carve out dedicated training time, get creative and see where you can multitask. While not all activities are conducive to multitasking, “mindless” tasks like commuting, exercising, cooking, and cleaning are great opportunities to learn (if your training is offered in an audio format). So, pop your earbuds in your ears on your next morning run, while you’re prepping dinner, on your ride home from work, or while you’re folding laundry, and you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to incorporate your studies and get more done! And never forget the power of a laptop—you can complete training while you’re at the hockey rink for your child’s practice, while you wait at the doctor’s office, or during a long train commute.
- Make sacrifices. We’re not saying you should cut all the fun out of life—because we all need time to relax and recharge. But give some thought to some of the areas of your life that eat up your time. (We’re looking at you, Netflix and Instagram!) Is there anything you can cut back on to make room for your training? We’re not suggesting you cut soul-fueling activities like exercise and time with loved ones. Those are super-important…we’re talking about the time-suckers everyone has in their life that they can do without. If this gets hard, remind yourself that it’s temporary and that you’re working toward a career that will give you unparalleled freedom!
- Ask for help. If you’ve got a lot of ongoing commitments or obligations, reach out to others to see if they can help so you can concentrate more of your time on your training. Can your spouse take over dinner and bedtime for the kids? Can your mom pick them up from extracurricular activities? Can you ask someone else to temporarily lead that club or event you normally head up? You’ll be surprised at how much people want to help you succeed in life…but first, you’ve got to ask.
- Practice self-care. It can be taxing to try to fit study time into an already busy schedule. Which is why it’s all the more important to take care of yourself and do what you can to be in your best mental and physical health. This means getting enough sleep, eating healthy, nourishing foods, staying hydrated, making time for movement, and prioritizing your health and well-being. Keeping mind and body in optimum shape will support your best learning and help you avoid burnout.
We hope the above tips help eliminate any concerns or overwhelm you may be feeling about how to make your training work. Trust us, with a little planning and creativity, you can totally rock your
Ready to put the above tips into practice and create your plan? Click here to get yours now.
Selecting a Certified Life Coach Training Online
As we mentioned above, online training offers some great benefits for people who’ve got a lot on their plate, and we do encourage you to explore this training path to see if it’s right for you. Not sure what to look for in a Check this blog post out for more information.
To your success!
Stacey & Carey
Interested in learning more about how our online program can help you launch a fulfilling and lucrative career in as little as 8 months? Click on the button below to connect with one of our amazing Clarity Coaches now.
MORE TO EXPLORE
You Might Also Like
How to Become a Life Coach
Are you considering a career as a life coach? Check out Health Coach Institute's reasons you should get your coaching certification!Read More
10 Tips for Improving Productivity When Working from Home
Staying focused while working from home can be difficult. After all, distractions and bad habits can easily enter your daily routine. But here are some top tips to keep you productive all day!Read More
The Top 12 Natural Immune System Boosters
Knowing how to keep your client's body running in top shape is one of your goals as a health coach. Do you know which immunity boosters you should encourage your clients to try?Read More