If you’re considering an online, you’re in excellent company! Though there are many paths you can take to become a , this mode of training is a viable and increasingly popular route many of today’s coaches are choosing—and loving.
In this digital society we’re living in, where we turn to the internet for knowledge and connection first and foremost, online schools are emerging as impressive leaders when it comes to coach training. They offer convenience, cutting-edge curriculums, and a host of other surprising benefits.
In this post, we’ll be discussing the top 3 reasons to enroll in an online professional training, how the right program can prepare for you for career success as a, and how to determine if this mode of training is right for you. So let’s get to it!
3 Reasons to Pursue an Online Life Coaching Certification
There are a number of reasons to enroll in an online training, but we’ve narrowed it down to these top 3 game-changers:
- Flexibility. Most often, flexibility is the #1 reason someone decides to enroll in an online program. If you’re looking for a training you can take from anywhere at any time, an online program is a great option. Online schools typically offer their students a level of flexibility that can accommodate even the most hectic schedules. So if you’re restricted to evening study time because you have a full-time job you need to work around, or you’re a stay-at-home parent who needs to juggle study time with kids’ schedules, or you’re a military spouse who moves a lot…this type of training can fit to you.
Even more amazing? Some trainings give their students additional time to complete their studies. For instance, Health Coach Institute’s professional training program can be completed in as little as 8 months or as much as 12. Also, international students may find online programs to be a better option for them because they needn’t worry about having to attend class at odd hours of the day that are inconvenient for them.
Online courses also typically cater to a variety of learning preferences, allowing you to select a lesson format that works best for you. So whether you prefer to learn through reading, audio, or videos, you get to choose!
Last but certainly not least, many online trainings offer flexibility when it comes to financing your education. So if you’re not sure you can afford your , fear not and know that a good school will be willing to work with you on a realistic payment plan.
- Community. Remember when we mentioned the internet’s ability to connect people with one another? This is actually a wonderful benefit of enrolling in an online training. Today’s online coaching trainings are powered by community and bring people together from all corners of the world. They don’t just provide an education. They increase connection, cultivate relationships, cement friendships, inspire partnerships, further missions…they build community on a global scale.
We think the HCI community is a pretty great example. Our students are united in their mission to transform lives through the power of habit change. But what they’re pleasantly surprised to find is that they leave our training with so much more—a tribe that has their back, cheers them on, celebrates their successes, uplifts them, and helps them become their personal best. And the best part? That community is for life.
Now, you may be thinking, But I’ll be learning alone…where’s the community in that? Though you may not be sharing a physical classroom with your classmates, a good online training program will make you forget that fact. A great training will offer ample opportunities to bond and connect with students via group collaboration, virtual meetups, Facebook groups, school forums, live training events, and other channels.
At HCI, you’ll often hear us say, “We go further and faster, together.” And that’s because community is at the heart of it all.
- Support. This last reason to consider an online training may have you furrowing your brows a bit. And we get it…it does seem a bit counterintuitive that you’d get more support from an online training than, for instance, an in-person training. But let us explain. In actuality, online schools often offer additional touchpoints of support traditional programs do not.
Take HCI, for example. Our students are able to go through lessons at their own speed, but they also have access to a number of different forms of support. Our students benefit from having their own dedicated personal coach (we call them Empowerment Coaches because they’re so key to our students’ success with our training), monthly coaching calls with our Empowerment Coach team, virtual office hours with training instructors, skills labs with peers, a closed Facebook group and learning portal where students can interact with each other, career services support, and the ability to participate in a variety of workshops and challenges designed with their future coaching success in mind. Our students can also meet HCI faculty and classmates at our live events, which we host twice annually, to connect our tribe and help our grads rock their careers.
While not every online school provides the same level of support, it’s important to know that virtual trainings can provide stellar support you might not otherwise receive.
Selecting a Certified Life Coach Training Online
Now that we’ve covered the top 3 reasons to consider an online, let’s talk about how to select the right training for YOU. Because what’s right for one person may not be right for the next person. We’re unique individuals with unique values, interests, and goals.
So, ask yourself:
- What’s motivating YOU to become a ?
- What’s your end goal once you’ve completed your training?
- What are your must-haves and deal breakers?
And if certification is important to you (and we think it should be!), be sure to check out this blog post detailing the importance of accreditation.
Learn About Our Online Life Coach Training
At HCI, we’re thrilled to have trained over 10,000 students in the art, science, and business of coaching. Our students graduate with the skills, confidence, and training to help others create lasting change in their lives and the business and marketing know-how to make a great living doing what they love, and we’re incredibly proud of our international community of coaches who are transforming lives.
Interested in learning more about our community and how our flexible online training program can help you launch a rewarding career in just 8 months? Click the button below to connect with one of our amazing Clarity Coaches now.