We all know what we should be doing in order to live our healthiest lives. We know working out and being physically fit is good for us. It makes us stronger, relieves stress, and heals our body.
Eating well fuels our bodies. Taking care of our mental health means we sleep better and feel happier. But that doesn’t mean we always like doing the right things. We might not always look forward to going to the gym, or want to eat a salad instead of pizza. Even the healthiest people have days where they just don’t feel like it!
We know it can be difficult to stay motivated on the daily, at home, at work, and in general. That’s why we’ve gathered 40 of our favorite quotes from Health Coaches, athletes, and celebrities, that will help inspire you to get to the gym and maintain that healthy lifestyle!
Better yet, share these quotes and spread the motivation around. Send this post to someone you think could use an added pick-me-up!
Motivational Quotes for the Gym
If you have a love/hate relationship with working out, we recommend using these quotes as motivation to kick your you-know-what in gear!
- “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “What hurts today makes you stronger tomorrow.” — Jay Cutler
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” — Jim Ryun
- “Fitness is not about being better than someone else. It’s about being better than you used to be.” — Khloe Kardashian
- “I hate every minute of training. But I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” — Mohammad Ali
- “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.” — Fred Devito
- “You’re only one workout away from a good mood.” — Health Coach Maria Marlowe
- “You can have results or excuses, but not both.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Nothing will work unless you do.” — Maya Angelou
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” — Arthur Ashe
Motivational Quotes for Health
At the end of the day, our health is about much more than just working out.
Always strive for a balanced diet, moving your body every day and making self-care a priority. These quotes are designed to help you realize the importance of your health.
- “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” — Jim Rohn
- “A rested body is a healthy one.” — Health Coach, Jessica Sepel
- “To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” — Buddha
- “A healthy attitude is contagious but don’t wait to catch it from others.” Be a carrier.— Tom Stoppard
- “Learning to love is a process. It starts from a decision.” — Health Coach, Tara Wang
- “The greatest wealth is health.” — Roman poet, Virgil
- “When you focus on your health, you awaken your creativity. By creativity I don’t mean painting or drawing, I mean the ability to conceive your life exactly the way you most want it.” — Stacey Morgenstern, Founder at Health Coach Institute
- “The food you eat can either be the safest & most powerful form of medicine…or the slowest form of poison.” — Ann Wigmore
- “A fresh start isn’t a new place, it’s a new mindset.” — Erin Taylor, Health Coach
- “Self-care is about giving the world the best of you, not what’s left of you.” — Marissa Palmer, Health Coach
- “The hard days are what make you stronger.” — Aly Raisman
- “One thing that does seem to be clear is that health and happiness are connected, more so than we’re often aware.” — Bobby Duffy
- “In order to master aliveness—in life and in business—we must let go of the habit of being stopped.” — Carey Peters, Founder at Health Coach Institute
- “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” — Michael Jordan
Motivational Quotes from Personal Trainers
A good personal trainer will help you achieve your fitness goals, but a great personal trainer will empower you to achieve goals in every area of life. The below personal trainer quotes should help with both of those things.
- “Fitness isn’t about building a better body. It’s about building a better life.” — Jillian Michaels
- “Even though you really don’t feel like you’re motivated to go to the gym, remember how good you felt after the last time you went. Keep that in the forefront of your brain.” — Bob Harper
- “Fitness isn’t a destination, it’s a lifelong journey of self-love, self-care and self-discovery.” — Katrina Scott (founder of Tone It Up fitness)
- “Number one, like yourself. Number two, you have to eat healthy. And number three, you’ve got to squeeze your buns. That’s my formula.” — Richard Simmons
- “Discipline is remembering what you want most. Not what you want now.” — Billy Blanks
- “Motivate the mind and set your body free.” — Shaun Thompson
- “You will always be challenged in this life. How you go about the conversations in your head is the only thing that will save you. The conversation is always more difficult than the challenge itself.” — Melissa Alcantara aka FitGurlMel
- “Constant deprivation is no way to live. Don’t always skip the delicious stuff for raw carrots and brown rice.” — Gunnar Peterson
- “Anything in life is possible if you make it happen.” — Jack Lalanne
- “Don’t say ‘I can’t,’ say ‘I presently struggle with.’” — Tony Horton
- “There is no quick, easy way to the body you want. Commit yourself now to your workout and get started.” — Tracy Anderson
- “Failure isn’t diving on your face or hitting rock bottom. That is being human. You only fail when you decide not to try again.” — Kayla Itsines
- “A well-built physique is a status symbol. It reflects you worked hard for it, no money can buy it. You cannot inherit it. You cannot steal it. You cannot borrow it.” — Pauline Nordine
- “Know that what seems really hard today, with good practice and consistency, will be a piece of cake later.” — Massy Arias
- “A bad day for your ego is a great day for your soul.” — Jillian Michaels
- “The attitude is very important. Because, your behavior radiates how you feel.” — Lou Ferrigno
5 Ways to Stay Motivated for Health
In addition to using powerful quotes for motivation, there are plenty of other strategies to help you start implementing healthy changes in your life!
- Get a partner. Join forces with a friend or colleague who also wants to make positive changes in their life. Workout together, become friends on your favorite fitness app of choice, and be a great source of support!
- Invest. Sometimes a financial investment is a great motivator! Get some new workout gear, sign up for a weekly fitness class, or get that self-help book you’ve been eyeing.
- Track your progress. Whether you want to lose weight, start sleeping better, or deal better with your anxiety, whatever your health goals are, track how it’s going in a journal or an app so you can see how far you’ve come.
- Set goals. Before you begin, set some very specific goals. It’s not enough to just want to “be healthy.” You should determine how much weight you want to lose or how often you want to work out and then create a plan to help you reach those goals. And remember—no matter what your progress, make sure you celebrate your wins!
- Get a Health and/or Life Coach! We might be a little biased, but we believe Health Coaches and Life Coaches can be an amazing catalyst for change. They can help motivate you, provide accountability for your journey, and help you change your habits. Better yet, learn how to become a Health Coach yourself from our Health Coaching Online Course. Then you can motivate yourself as well as those around you!
Become a Health Coach in 6 Months!
Are you interested in learning more about staying motivated and keeping people you care about motivated as well? Our Become A Health Coach training program might be just what you need!
If you are already a coach and want to advance your skills, check out HCI’s Coach Mastery program. Feel free to get in touch with with one of our clarity coaches directly, by calling 1-800-303-2399.