5 Habits of Successful Holistic Health Coaches
More people than ever are looking for ways to lead healthy, fulfilling lives. And while some may be able to do this on their own, others need the guidance of a holistic health coach. After all, not everyone has the time to spend their days reading up on the latest life hacks that can make you a healthier and better person. Besides, even if the advice isn’t new, some people just need the motivation and expertise of a coach pushing them to be their best.
While there are many forms of life coaching, no one aspect of coaching is more popular today than health and wellness. Indeed, everyday people are starting to realize how leading a holistic and healthy life can help positively impact their relationships, their careers, and their other pursuits. Besides, who couldn’t do with a bit more health and happiness in their lives?
What Does a Holistic Health Coach Do?
As opposed to a more general life coach that can help you define your goals and work towards achieving them, a holistic health coach helps their clients get their diet and eating habits under control while also acknowledging the totality of the human experience. Diet, time management, stress, and anxiety are all aspects of life that a holistic health coach can help with, and in that sense, they’re more like a personal wellness guide that can help you be well and stay well while you work towards the best version of yourself.
For example, if you’re interested in trying out a new diet but you’re unsure how you’ll be able to develop a new way of cooking or to make mealtime palatable to your family, a holistic health coach can help. On the other hand, if you’re wanting to lose weight for an upcoming event, a holistic health coach can help you design a workout and set aside time so that you can actually make it happen.
Keep in mind that you don’t need to have clients to be a holistic health coach. While many do work individually with clients, holistic health coaches can also write books or blogs, create videos online or have an associated wellness business.
How To Become a Holistic Health Coach
If you’re interested in becoming a holistic health coach, there are a few things that you’ll want to keep in mind. While becoming a certified holistic health coach is an important step, maintaining the right mindset and having a keen eye for helping others lead healthier, better lives is crucial to your success.
Here are some habits that you’ll need to develop to make the most of your coaching business.
- Educate yourself. Sure, you can offer holistic health coaching to anyone willing to pay you for it, but the best holistic health coaches all start with some foundational knowledge that they can put into action for their clients. Most people start with a holistic health coach program or some kind of accreditation, but there’s no one path. You’ll have to find out what works for you, your clients, and your approach to coaching.
- Put the work in. Those who are new to life coaching may believe that all it takes is a quick holistic health coach certification before you can conquer the world with your holistic health coaching business. After that certification is when the real work starts. You’ll have to onboard clients, grow your business, and meet the needs of each client, all while establishing your voice and the other initiatives to help fill that pipeline.
- Practice makes perfect. Once you have the certification and knowledge to help kick-start your health coaching business, it’s crucial to get that practice in now before you bring on paying clients. You can still build up a client base this way — position it as both a trial run for you and the client — but it’s better to get those mistakes and missteps out of the way before you start collecting money for your time. If you’d rather not spend your time working with strangers, try offering your services to friends or family — don’t forget to ask them for feedback after it’s all said and done!
- Create a business plan. You wouldn’t start a brick and mortar business without some sort of business plan, so why do you think you can become a successful holistic health coach without some planning? In fact, this is something that you can do before you finish or even start your coaching certification. What kind of clients do you want? How will you find them? What will you charge? What’s your availability like? These are all important questions for your coaching career, and the sooner you have the answers, the sooner you can get started.
- Charge for your time. It might sound simple, but you’d be surprised how many holistic health coaches forget to do this one simple thing. When you’re selling products, it’s easy to say that each one costs $X. But as a holistic health coach, you could sell access to information, plan events and seminars, and even engage in one-on-one coaching. It all comes back to the time you put in.
Dual Health and Life Coach Certification in 6 Months with HCI
Coaching is a great career that you can help others, while also learning how to help your own personal growth. Health Coach Institute’s dual health and life coaching certification program is designed to accommodate your schedule. Join our Become a Health Coach program and begin coaching in 6 months! If you are already a coach and want to advance your skills, check out HCI’s Coach Mastery program. Feel free to get in touch with with one of our clarity coaches directly, by calling 1-800-303-2399.
If you’re interested in becoming a holistic life coach, the Health Coach Institute can help.