This is a quick and easy, nutritious and delicious salad that every Health Coach needs to know about for a protein and vitamin B packed lunch!
Today we’re getting super crunchy on our sprouts salad, which is packed with protein in the buckwheat and sprinkled with nutritional yeast, which gives you loads of B vitamins and sprouts, which are protein gems!
Add some avocado to the mix and fresh, farmer’s market lettuce and you’re about to be blown away by how simple and how nutritious this salad mix is! Try to get the freshest ingredients possible from your nearest farmer’s market or organic produce store. All good food starts with organic, wholesome, fresh ingredients!
Buckwheat & Sprouts Salad with Nutritional Yeast!
In the mix:
- 1 head of fresh lettuce (preferably from a farmer’s market if you can or organic from the store)
- 1 Japanese cucumber — it’s super crunchy and long…
- 1 avocado
- 1 big handful of sprouts (pea, lentil, adzuki, mung — or any variation you wish)
- 1 cup of cooked roasted buckwheat
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- a massive dollop of olive oil
- a huge squeeze of half a lemon
- some Himalayan salt and crushed black pepper
What to do:
- Add one cup of buckwheat to 2 cups of water in a pot and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Slice cucumber into chunks
- Cut avocado into chunky pieces
- Wash and dry lettuce and drizzle with olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper
- Once buckwheat is cooked (all the water has dissolved) remove from pot and add to lettuce bowl
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and sprouts
- Add cucumber and avocado on top
ENJOY the feeling of health!
We wanna hear from you! Did you make this yummy salad? How was it? Do have any unique spins to add of your own?
Wanna become a Health Coach and learn to make easy, yummy meals like this daily for yourself and your clients? Call (877) 914-2242.