Warm Belly Squash Stew-Soup Recipe
Holiday stews and soups don’t need to be made with dairy and flour or some béchamel variation and thickened with cornstarch or heavy cream to appear tasty while making your stomach churn.
This dairy-free, hearty, seasonal soup, which is part stew and part soup, is ideal around Halloween as the weather drops and you start to crave food that warms your belly. It’s so good that everyone will love it and want to eat more of it throughout the rest of the fall and winter!
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
WARM BELLY SQUASH STEW-SOUP RECIPE
2 leeks (pick ones that have thick white stems)
1 garlic clove
2 serrano chilis
2 Tbsp fresh ginger (finely chopped)
1 Tbsp curry powder
3 Tbsp tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
1 tsp brown sugar
1 can unsweetened coconut milk
2.5 lbs pumpkin or butternut squash or kabocha
1 cups cashews (optional)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Halve the leeks lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch pieces. Wash well in a bowl of water, then drain.
- Heat the oil in a wide soup pot.
- Add the leeks and cook over fairly high heat, stirring frequently, until partially softened (about 4 minutes).
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilis and cook for another two minutes.
- Then add the curry, brown sugar, and tamari sauce.
- Reduce the heat to medium, stir in ingredients and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add 1.5 cups water, coconut milk, squash, and 1 tsp salt.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer covered for 25 min.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 325°F. Spread cashews on a sheet pan. Toast for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve stew in bowls, topped with toasted cashews.
Leave a comment below and tell us if your squash stew soup warmed your belly!
Wanna find out more about becoming a Health Coach? Call (877) 914-2242!
MORE TO EXPLORE
You Might Also Like
15 Ways Coaches Cope with Stress in the Modern World
Coaches who know how to manage and handle their own stress are better equipped to help their clients with stress management.Read More
9 Health Coach-Approved Halloween Treats Your Clients Will Love
Holidays can be tricky when it comes to staying on top of health goals. We all want to enjoy ourselves—and we should!—but it can be easy to fall off track when there are sweet temptations lurking around every corner. Serve Your Clients Some Healthy Halloween Treats! With Halloween right around the corner, we want to […]Read More
How Much Can a Wellness Coach Make?
Considering a career as a Wellness Coach or Health Coach and wondering how much you can expect to earn? Let’s start with the simple answer: According to PayScale, the average salary for a Wellness Coach is approximately $44,090 a year. However, for Wellness Coaches, salary and income averages can be deceiving. That’s because you can […]Read More
How to Manage Difficult Times While Building Your Coaching Business
Dealing with the everyday challenges of life can leave some business owners feeling worn out and helpless. Don't despair with these tips from one of our founders!Read More