Warm Belly Squash Stew-Soup Recipe
Holiday stews and soups don’t need to be made with dairy and flour or some béchamel variation and thickened with cornstarch or heavy cream to appear tasty while making your stomach churn.
This dairy-free, hearty, seasonal soup, which is part stew and part soup, is ideal around Halloween as the weather drops and you start to crave food that warms your belly. It’s so good that everyone will love it and want to eat more of it throughout the rest of the fall and winter!
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
WARM BELLY SQUASH STEW-SOUP RECIPE
2 leeks (pick ones that have thick white stems)
1 garlic clove
2 serrano chilis
2 Tbsp fresh ginger (finely chopped)
1 Tbsp curry powder
3 Tbsp tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
1 tsp brown sugar
1 can unsweetened coconut milk
2.5 lbs pumpkin or butternut squash or kabocha
1 cups cashews (optional)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Halve the leeks lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch pieces. Wash well in a bowl of water, then drain.
- Heat the oil in a wide soup pot.
- Add the leeks and cook over fairly high heat, stirring frequently, until partially softened (about 4 minutes).
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilis and cook for another two minutes.
- Then add the curry, brown sugar, and tamari sauce.
- Reduce the heat to medium, stir in ingredients and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add 1.5 cups water, coconut milk, squash, and 1 tsp salt.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer covered for 25 min.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 325°F. Spread cashews on a sheet pan. Toast for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve stew in bowls, topped with toasted cashews.
Leave a comment below and tell us if your squash stew soup warmed your belly!
Wanna find out more about becoming a Health Coach? Call (877) 914-2242!
MORE TO EXPLORE
You Might Also Like
Everything You Want to Know before taking the NBHWC Certification Exam
Becoming a National Board-Certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC), also known as NBHWC Certification, should be part of your professional goals if you wish to stand out in the health and wellness coaching industry. It is a crucial first step to secure the right credentials and expand your career, especially in the healthcare industry. Having […]Read More
10 Must-Have Skills and Qualities to Become a Successful Health Coach
Successful health coaches are not simply defined by their achievements in the field but by the skills and qualities they embody. The appeal of becoming a health coach continues to rise given the relative increase in cases of patients with chronic diseases. Not to mention the rise in people who are paying close attention to […]Read More
5 Attributes Clients Look For In A Nutrition Coach
There is a clear interest in healthcare workers that concentrate on diet and wellness. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics noted a growth of 11% for occupations related to dietary management as a result of the rapid increase in chronic diseases that require nutrition regulation. This continuous trend influenced competition among nutritional coaches as their […]Read More
Profitable Health Coaching Business Roadmap: 7 Steps To Success
Becoming a health coach already holds plenty of benefits, not just in your career and financial progress, but most importantly in your holistic personal growth. Now, imagine these benefits multiplied when you build your very own health coaching business. However, as promising as this sounds, having your own health coaching business requires a hefty amount […]Read More