The To-Be List Is The New To-Do List
In this crazy world where we compile list after list of things to do, every single day, wouldn’t it be great to try something different?
Just for today, forget the old To-Do List packed with all its anxiety-inducing stuff that makes you want to turn to the Vodka at 9am and pull all your hair out like:
- Call to get new car insurance that’ll take at least three hours of time I don’t have
- Do taxes… another year, another tax return.. yay!
- Pay off credit card after spending a fortune at therapist to discuss financial issues
- Get to post office by EOD to mail birthday card to 101-year-old great aunt with deteriorating eyesight
- Return shoes to Zappos that look absolutely nothing like they did online
- Buy new vacuum cleaner so I don’t have to sweep every single day
- Get new dish washing liquid that doesn’t smell like toilet cleaner
- Pay PG&E so I’m not left blogging by candle light
- Etc, etc, etcetera… the modern-day To-Do List is endless…………..
So, just for today, how about reframing this list, and instead creating a super simple, clean, refreshing To-Be List that makes you smile when you look at it?
A list that makes you feel at ease and calm like you’re lying in a zen garden and being oiled head to toe with lavender essence while the sun kisses your face and the wind tickles your feet.
Some ideas for your To-Be List….
Think things that you do just because they feel good in the moment and are good for your soul not because they get you to any particular point or achieve any set goal:
- Sit outside in the sun for ten minutes… just ‘cos it feels gooooood
- Close your eyes and just breathe…. especially after looking at your To-Do list
- Go outside and pick flowers when you’re supposed to be calling your insurance
- Do downward dog yoga pose instead of adding another item to your To-Do list
- Make a cup of tea and drink it while doing nothing else
- Take a candlelit bath… instead of shopping online before bed
- Put your feet up at your desk and daydream guilt-free
- Fantasize about your desires instead of worrying about your to-dos!
- Cuddle with someone you love ‘cos it feels soooo good
- Dance to your favorite music on full blast ‘cos it sure beats doing your taxes
Start now. Create your To-Be List with 3 things that can help you to just BE today and every day!
Let us know how this works for you…
MORE TO EXPLORE
You Might Also Like
Everything You Want to Know before taking the NBHWC Certification Exam
Becoming a National Board-Certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC), also known as NBHWC Certification, should be part of your professional goals if you wish to stand out in the health and wellness coaching industry. It is a crucial first step to secure the right credentials and expand your career, especially in the healthcare industry. Having […]Read More
10 Must-Have Skills and Qualities to Become a Successful Health Coach
Successful health coaches are not simply defined by their achievements in the field but by the skills and qualities they embody. The appeal of becoming a health coach continues to rise given the relative increase in cases of patients with chronic diseases. Not to mention the rise in people who are paying close attention to […]Read More
5 Attributes Clients Look For In A Nutrition Coach
There is a clear interest in healthcare workers that concentrate on diet and wellness. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics noted a growth of 11% for occupations related to dietary management as a result of the rapid increase in chronic diseases that require nutrition regulation. This continuous trend influenced competition among nutritional coaches as their […]Read More
Profitable Health Coaching Business Roadmap: 7 Steps To Success
Becoming a health coach already holds plenty of benefits, not just in your career and financial progress, but most importantly in your holistic personal growth. Now, imagine these benefits multiplied when you build your very own health coaching business. However, as promising as this sounds, having your own health coaching business requires a hefty amount […]Read More